3/22/2012

Small things (Part 1)

I'm really missing writing decent things so I want to try to do an experiment, I'll try to write a story in here, I still don't know what it is going to be about and I'll write when I feel like it and I don't know how long it is going to be. I'll just write until I think that I have to (or like Hemingway say until the well is almost empty so it can refill itself during the night). So this adventure is going to be entitled (for the moment): "Small things" and there will be a label for it! (Yes! My first label... this means I'm messy as hell!), also this is going to be my first serious attempt to write fiction in English, but I guess it is going to help me prepare for CPE exam.


Small things 

Seth was one of these people that you know all your life but still can surprise you. We first met when we were six and became friends almost instantly, maybe because we lived close to each other or because we had similar interests, though since we were so little it is difficult to pinpoint which were our affinities. We shared all our childhood and adolescence together and, when the time came to go to college, it was the first time that we would lead separate lives.
We were a weird couple, not only because I am a girl and he was a boy, but because even if we were always together we never had feelings for each other, and also because we had no other close friends. Growing up, everyone told me that I should have some girlfriends and do girly things, but I felt I could be feminine enough while still hanging out with Seth, I didn't have the need to waste my time talking make up or clothing. Back in hindsight is as if we had been adults all our lives, talking about life and death when most of the kids were talking about TV shows. We were different.

1 comment:

  1. que bé que hagis tornat a escriure!
    miraré d'estar atenta a les noves entregues... ;)

    ReplyDelete